1. It's in the mail and features an interview with Margaret Wise Brown as well as some provocative thoughts on why a true respect for children's books means not eating meat.
2. She's illustrated some of the most beautiful picture books of the 20th and 21st century and is giving the annual Sutherland Lecture at the Chicago Public Library on Friday, May 7th. Tickets are free and may be reserved here.
3. He'll be signing blads of A Family of Readers at Book Expo in New York on May 26th from 1:00 to 2:00 PM at the Candlewick booth and will also be at the ABC dinner the previous evening. He hopes to meet you at either or both places.
4. I am quite possibly the ugliest neologism ever derived from an acronym in history. [see previous answer.]
5. Where the tall but portly bow-tied man will be conducting live interviews with the winners of the Caldecott, Newbery, and Printz Medals.